Investing in the Future
For over 40 years, DWPC has been supporting students access to higher education through our high school scholarship program. Our club has awarded over $300,000 in scholarship through our program.
Each school year DWPC awards three $1500 scholarships to high school seniors, one $1000 scholarship to a female student who plans to follow STEM studies, and one $1000 nursing scholarship.
The Joseph Hague Scholarship
Paying it forward is a motto that Joseph Hague lives by. As a high school senior, he was a recipient of a DWPC scholarship that helped him with the expenses of college. Joey feels strongly that this award made a difference in his life, and he wants to do the same for others. Each year, Joey funds a $1500 scholarship for a Dublin Coffman student through the DWPC. As with all our scholarships, the application is available through the Dublin Coffman guidance office.
“When I graduated from Dublin Coffman in 2001, DWPC was kind enough to award me a $1,000 scholarship for my first year of college at Ohio University. I was able to leverage my degree from OU into a career in the financial field, and always remembered that the DWPC scholarship helped in part for me to afford that degree. In 2018, I decided to establish a scholarship for the next generation of Dublin students in partnership with DPWC.”
Guidelines for Students
- Applicants must be a Dublin City School student.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and be active in their school and community.
- Student must provide at least one recommendation.
- Applications will be available on February 1 of each year in your high school’s guidance counselor’s office.
- Application submissions are due back to your guidance counselor’s office by March 1 of each year.